About the Course
This 8 hour workshop brushes your skills in Analog Electronics and introduces you to the exciting world of Autonomous Robotics after going through a brief introduction to programming in Arduino. Students get to learn about how sensors work, and are also taught how to make various sensors of their own and integrate them with an Arduino board to implement various algorithms to build an efficient line follower, capable enough of participating in the various robotic events going around.
The workshop is open to anyone and everyone, passionate about Robotics, as we would be focusing on building concepts, from the scratch itself. However, having a basic knowledge of the electronics components as well as programming would be a added advantage for the students. The workshop is intended for Engg. Grads, School Students, Designers and Hobbyists interested in robotics.
Topics Covered :
Basic Electronics Arduino Robotics
- Introduction to Arduino and its anatomy
- Getting used to the Arduino IDE (the programming environment)
- Arduino Pin Mapping and Auxilliaries
- How to Program in Arduino ?
- Performing basic I/O operations
- Blinking LEDs in a given pattern
- Reading values from an IR sensor
- Controlling brightness of a LED
- Designing a Line Following Sensor with IR
- Hands on Soldering Tips and Tricks
- Basic Electronics concepts of sensors
- Interfacing a motor driver (L293D) to the Arduino
- Line Following Concepts
- Building the Line Follower