About the Course
This workshop starts from the basics of Arduino programming and Analog Electronics and how to use an Arduino based embedded system to capture data from the physical environment and process it for storage and further analysis.
Students are also introduced to Raspberry Pi and the Python programming language, and are taught how to use both together to capture data from an Arduino and store it online for further processing by a webpage.
The workshop is open to anyone and everyone, having a prior exposure to any sort of programming language. The workshop is intended for Engg. Grads, School Students, Designers and Hobbyists interested in creating interactive connected systems using and Arduino and Raspberry Pi over the internet.
Topics Covered :
Basic Electronics Arduino Python Raspberry Pi
- Introduction to Arduino Microcontrollers
- Getting Used to the Arduino IDE
- Programming with Arduino
- Blinking LEDs in a pattern
- Introduction to Serial Monitoring and ADC
- Introduction to Python
- Setting up Python Environment
- Reading Arduino Data on Python terminal
- Basic Understanding of the "IOT Cloud"
- Learing to Read, Record and Store the live room temperature data online
- Completing the IOT network simulation on a laptop/desktop
- Introduction to Raspberry Pi
- Installation and Know-Hows while running Linux on a Raspberry Pi
- Migrating the previous IOT application to Raspberry Pi