About the Course
Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs) are becoming more and more commonly used tools for varied applications-search and rescue being one. Quadcopter is such an air vehicle which has greater maneuverability and hovering ability compared to the other vehicles present currently, leading to rise in their research. The quad (four)-rotor design allows quadcopters to be relatively simple in design yet highly reliable and maneuverable in the aviation sector.
Students coming in the workshop, get introduced to the various terminologies and the detailed process of how to build a quadcopter of their own. At the end of the workshop, they will be well acquainted with the components of a quadcopter, as well as where to procure them from.
The workshop is open to anyone and everyone, passionate about Quadrotors, as we would be focusing on building concepts, from the scratch itself. The workshop is intended for Engg. Grads, School Students, Designers and Hobbyists interested in building a quad of their own, leveraging the materials available in the market around them.
Topics Covered :
Aeromodelling Assembly Flight Tuning Safety
- Detailed explanation of Aerial Mechanics
- Detailed discussion on the dynamics of the Drone
- Hands on experience with Motors, ESCs, Flight Controller, Radio, Batteries etc.
- Practical session on Frame and Circuitry designing
- Learn about the callibration techniques and testing of Quadcopter
- Practical session to assist students with resources to build one of their own
- Practical knowledge gained from the program will help them to take up projects easily
- Gain Insight into Complete Design and Embedded Systems behind the Quadcopter
- Encourages participants to think and come up with new designs