About the Course
This 24 hour training starts from the basics of Arduino programming and Analog Electronics and how to use an Arduino based embedded system to capture data from the physical environment and process it for storage and further analysis.
Students are taken through an extensive hands on training session where they are also introduced to Raspberry Pi and the Python programming language, and are taught how to use both together to capture data from an Arduino and store it online for further processing by a webpage.
It's intended for the people with Electrical/ Electronics/ Communication/ Instrumentation/ Computer Sc./ IT background with a keen interest in the field and very basic knowledge of any programming language. Having basic programming knowledge will benefit the students, but still we would be taking everyone through a bit of programming basics to bring everyone at par in the class.
Topics Covered :
Basic Electronics Arduino Embedded System Design Python Raspberry Pi
- Introduction to Embedded Systems
- Basic Electronic Concepts of Embedded Designing
- Introduction to Arduino : How to Program in Arduino ?
- LED Interfacing with Arduino
- Pulse Width Modulation - Controlling brightness of a LED.
- Digital Input Processing - Detecting Switch Inputs on Arduino Pins
- Interfacing a Buzzer with Arduino - Generating Buzzer Tones
- Serial Communication in Arduino
- Introduction to ADC and Serial Monitoring - Interfacing Temperature Sensor
- Introduction to Python Programming Language
- Installing various libraries
- Using variables, String operators and expressions
- Math operators and expressions
- Integrating Arduino and Python over Serial
- Making Requests in Python
- Introduction to PHP Basics
- Setting up a Server using PHP
- File Storage in PHP
- PHP WebServices Basics
- Connecting to Internet using NodeMCU
- Practical : Making requests to the Webservices
- Developing a live IoT network : Read, record and store the room temperature data online