About the Course
This 24 hour training starts from the basics of Circuit Designing accompanied with brushing up your skills in Basic Electronics and takes you further into a detailed insight of the pcb design process. You shall learn, how to use CAD (Computer Aided Design) softwares to generate fabrication ready designs as well as print them to get your electronics working.
Students are taken through an extensive hands on training session where they build various genres of robots and implement various algorithms to acomplish the task assigned to them at the end of the training. Moreover the training ensures that the students gain the basic knowledge for participating in any kind of robotics events in and around India.
It's intended for anyone and everyone insterested in robotics irrspective of their technical domain background; with a keen interest in the field and very basic knowledge of any programming language. Having basic programming knowledge will benefit the students, but still we would be taking everyone through a bit of programming basics to bring everyone at par in the class.
Topics Covered :
Basic Electronics Arduino Robotics
- Introduction to Embedded System in Arduino Environment
- Familiarization with the basic concepts of Robotics
- PC Controlled Robot : Send commands from your computer to control your robot from your keyboard. Develop your own commands and take control !
- Photovore Robot : Robots which can chase lights. Learn the basics of building sensors on your own according to your requirements. Configure robots to either chase the light or run away from it.
- Edge detecting Robot : Build robots which can detect edges when placed on a table and avoid falling down while constantly moving on it. Develop similar algorithms to avoid pits on your path while the robot is moving in a particular course.
- Obstacle Mapping and Avoiding Robot : Build algorithms to set your robots in a defined course and follow it irrespective of any obstacle falling in between your course.
- Basic Line Follower : Build a basic 2 sensor line follower and learn how to follow a line on a 2 tone contrasting surface. Learn how to build line following sensors and the tips and tricks of tuning them for optimum performance.
- Advanced Differential Speed Robots : Build efficient and advanced line followers using multiple line sensing array of sensors and differential speed mechanisms for variable speed control. Line following will never be the same again !
- Gesture Controlled Robot : Learn how to channelize motion of human into an efficient remote control system to drive your robots. Learn how to build accelerometer based motion sensing robots.
- DTMF based Mobile Controlled Robot : Dual-tone multi-frequency signaling (DTMF) is an in-band telecommunication signaling system using the voice-frequency band over telephone lines between telephone equipment and other communications devices and switching centers. Learn the basics of DTMF and how it works, and use the technology to create CellPhone controlled Robots and signal them over a telephone call to operate in the direction you wish to.
- Sumo Robot : Robot-sumo is a sport in which two robots attempt to push each other out of a circle. The robots used in this competition are called SumoBots . For the first time in Kolkata, learn how to build autonomous sumo robots.